Techfino NetSuite Implementation Methodology
Our approach to NetSuite Implementation has been carefully refined and enhanced over the past 10 years. It is simple enough for small and mid-market companies, yet can be personalized at a granular level for more complex enterprise implementations that require:
- IT and Finance Compliance and audit controls
- Environment management strategy
- Change management process
- Code management controls
Our first objective is to ensure we understand your core business needs by utilizing a hands-on approach throughout the life of the project over multiple phases.
We then analyze your business operating procedures, allowing us to dive deep into your company operations to discern inefficiencies, and truly understand your future goals and vision.
With those key learnings top of mind, we develop an overall project plan that are in alignment with business objectives and establish a timeline for implementation. Then, we continue to refine as needed for deeper integrations or customizations in order to accommodate transactional data flows – ultimately driving improved Operational and Financial Reporting.
In most cases we can achieve
Phase 1 go-live within 120 days
as illustrated above.
The project begins with the Discover phase, during which we evaluate the industry vertical leading practices, analyze unique operational needs, and identify any deviations from standard configurations.
In this phase, business processes are reviewed sequentially. For each workflow, we follow a similar sequence:
- Review: Leading practices with members of the project team, identified as subject matter experts (SME) for the given process
- Analyze: Important business requirements, challenges and opportunities for improvement
- Identify: Applicable leading practices, list of gaps and required customizations and integrations needed
The Initiate phase was designed to synthesize the gathered business processes and future state environment into an overall project plan and timeline. With the information gathered during the Discover phase, Techfino develops a project map consisting of:
- Project scope and outline of deliverables
- Delivery sequence and project schedule
- Budget allocation per business process
- Resource allocation and scheduling
- Design and Configuration sessions
- User adoption strategy sessions
- Data migration strategy sessions
During the Execute Phase we collaborate with project team to deliver the configured processes:
- Design optimal solutions which require customization or integration.
- Build and configure the system to the required business needs.
- Which fields are needed?
- How should the screen layout be organized?
- What values are needed in dropdown list?
- What should a given role see?
- Migrate master data, such as customers and vendors.
- Validate the solution which consists of demonstrations of the configured processes, testing and validating that data and workflows meet objectives and requirements
During the Demonstrate Phase we collectively validate the configured processes:
- Acceptance (UAT): Once the process is validated, the client will perform their own UAT, supported by the Techfino implementation team, to confirm that requirements are met.
- Training: The training plan is established during the project initiate phase. The training is scheduled right before the deploy phase. Techfino can provide train-the-trainer training or direct end-user training based on the client needs and budget.
During the Deploy phase we prepare and execute the go-live plans:
- Prepare: In order to prepare the system for go live, we will migrate open transactions, such as opening balances, open AP and AR transactions, inventory counts and values, etc.
- Launch: On the launch date, you will start using NetSuite to run your business. Techfino will support your users and provide remedial training on-site or remotely, as desired.
Following go-live, we begin the ContinuedSuccess Support phase, where we secure a stable environment, then advise how to monitor processes.
- Critical Care: Following the system go live, the implementation team remains intricately involved for system support and optimization.
- Advice: The implementation team will educate the business users on the recommended best practices related to maintenance and monitoring measures:
- Upgrade notifications & impact analysis
- Performance monitoring
- Optimization opportunities
Learn more about our proprietary Continued Success approach to continued optimization and support post go-live.